Thứ ba, ngày 04 tháng năm năm 2010
CCNA S2- Version 4.1 Chaper 3 100%
1. A network technician is assigned to perform a site visit to a customer location to determine the requirements for a network upgrade. In addition to the currently installed equipment inventory, what other information about the hosts and networking devices should the technician obtain from the customer?
the cost of the currently installed equipment
all product keys for site license software
*any planned growth anticipated in the near future
the memory requirements for installed application software
2. Which three issues should be noted on the technician's site survey report? (Choose three.)
only two power outlets per wall in each room
*poor physical security of network devices
horizontal cabling runs under 100 meters
*lack of UPS for critical devices
two users sharing the same computer
3. What three things are included in a logical topology document? (Choose three.)
the location of cables, computers, and other peripherals
*the path that the data takes through a network
the wireless signal coverage area
the wiring closet and access point locations
*the device names and Layer 3 addressing information
*the location of routing, network address translation, and firewall filtering
4. When designing a network upgrade, which two tasks should the onsite technician perform? (Choose two.)
configure the servers and routers prior to delivery
upgrade the network operating system and all client operating systems
*investigate and document the physical layout of the premises
document the final design for approval by the customer
*perform a site survey to document the existing network structure
5. What must be added when a network expands beyond the coverage area of the current telecommunications room?
6. Which three items are typically found in an MDF? (Choose three.)
*switches and routers
*network equipment racks
*the point of presence
7. Which device has the ability to break up broadcast and collision domains?
8. Refer to the exhibit. Which type of twisted pair cable is used between each device?
A=console, B=straight, C=crossover, D= crossover, E=straight
A=straight, B=straight, C=straight, D=crossover, E=console
A=crossover, B=straight, C=straight, D=crossover, E=crossover
*A=console, B=straight, C=straight, D=crossover, E=crossover
A=console, B=crossover, C=crossover, D=straight, E=straight
9. Why is it important to review the results of an on-site survey report with the customer before beginning the network design?
to inform the customer of how much time the upgrade will take
to discuss the implementation schedule for the new equipment
*to verify that the report accurately describes the current network and any plans for expansion
to review the new network design and discuss possible equipment upgrades and replacements
10. Which two benefits can be gained by locating network equipment in a telecommunications closet, rather than in a user area? (Choose two.)
faster communication speeds
*improved physical security
more resistant to hacker attempts
*centralized cable management
less electrical usage
11. What does the use of redundant network components supply to a network?
12. Which type of cable has a solid copper core with several protective layers including PVC, braided wire shielding, and a plastic covering?
13. What is the term for the location at the customer premise where the customer network physically connects to the Internet through a telecommunications service provider?
*point of presence
network distribution facility
intermediate distribution frame
14. In what two ways will entering into a managed service agreement with an ISP for a network upgrade affect the costs that are incurred by the customer? (Choose two.)
Customer IT training costs will increase to enable operation of the new equipment.
The cost of hardware repairs and support will become the responsibility of the customer.
*Network upgrade and maintenance costs will become predictable.
Staffing costs will increase because the customer will need to hire additional IT staff to complete the upgrade.
*The company will not need to spend a large amount of money to purchase the equipment upfront.
15. What is the benefit for a company to use an ISR router?
*An ISR provides the functionality of a switch, router, and firewall in one device.
ISRs use a PC operating system for routing traffic, thus simplifying configuration and management.
An ISR is immune to security attacks by hackers and so replaces all other network security measures.
ISRs make routing decisions at OSI Layer 7, thus providing more intelligence to the network than do other routers.
16. It is said that the goal for availability of a communications system is "five-9s". What is meant by this?
A down time of .00001% is unacceptable.
*A network needs to be available 99.999% of the time.
Five percent of all network expense covers 99% of user requirements.
The most critical time for network availability is from 9:00 to 5:00 p.m. five days a week.
The best time to do maintenance on a network is from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. five days a week.
17. A client requires a networking device that is capable of expansion to accomodate growing network demands. What characteristic must this device have to meet this requirement?
ability to monitor operation and change the settings for a device
*modular physical configuration
ability to manage the device remotely
ports that can be activated and deactivated
18. Refer to the exhibit. To allow IP communication between the two networks, what type of device is required?
19. What are two advantages of having ISP-managed services? (Choose two.)
do not require leasing costs for the services
eliminate the need for data backup
*increase availability of help desk services
do not require a Service Level Agreement