1. The DHCP server in a lab environment is down when multiple DHCP clients in the lab are booted for the first time. Which two statements describe how the DHCP clients will be affected by the absence of a DHCP server during boot? (Choose two.)
The clients will not boot completely until the DHCP server resumes functioning.
The clients will attempt via the use of the IP address 127.0.0.1 to communicate with the other clients.
*All clients with link-local addresses will communicate with each other in a peer-to-peer manner.
*A link-local address will be automatically assigned to the hosts by the operating system.
A link-local process will use a DNS query to determine if any other device uses the same link-local address.
2. Which is a function of the transport layer of the OSI model?
routes data between networks
converts data to bits for transmission
*delivers data reliably across the network using TCP
formats and encodes data for transmission
transmits data to the next directly connected device
3. Which statement describes the process of escalating a help desk trouble ticket?
The help desk technican resolves the customer problem over the phone and closes the trouble ticket.
Remote desktop utilities enable the help desk technician to fix a configuration error and close the trouble ticket.
*After trying unsuccessfully to fix a problem, the help desk technician sends the trouble ticket to the onsite support staff.
When the problem is solved, all information is recorded on the trouble ticket for future reference.
4. Which two functions are provided by the upper layers of the OSI model? (Choose two.)
placing electrical signals on the medium for transmission
*initiating the network communication process
*encrypting and compressing data for transmission
segmenting and identifying data for reassembly at the destination
choosing the appropriate path for the data to take through the network
5. Which scenario represents a problem at Layer 4 of the OSI model?
An incorrect IP address on the default gateway.
A bad subnet mask in the host IP configuration.
*A firewall filtering traffic addressed to TCP port 25 on an email server.
An incorrect DNS server address being given out by DHCP.
6. A customer calls to report a problem accessing an e-commerce web site. The help desk technician begins troubleshooting using a top-down approach. Which question would the technician ask the customer first?
*Can you access other web sites?
Is there a firewall installed on your computer?
What is your IP address?
Is the link light lit on your NIC card?
7. What are two primary goals of the ISP help desk? (Choose two.)
conserving support resources
8. What are two basic procedures of incident management? (Choose two.)
*opening a trouble ticket
using diagnostic tools to identify the problem
surveying network conditions for further analysis
configuring new equipment and software upgrades
*adhering to a problem-solving strategy
e-mailing a problem resolution to the customer
9. Which three command line utilities are most commonly used to troubleshoot issues at Layer 3? (Choose three.)
a packet sniffer
10. What is the correct encapsulation order when data is passed from Layer 1 up to Layer 4 of the OSI model?
*bits, frames, packets, segments
frames, bits, packets, segments
packets, frames, segments, bits
segments, packets, frames, bits
11. What are two functions of the physical layer of the OSI model? (Choose two.)
adding the hardware address
*converting data to bits
encapsulating data into frames
12. A customer calls the help desk about setting up a new PC and cable modem and being unable to access the Internet. What three questions would the technician ask if the bottom-up troubleshooting approach is used? (Choose three.)
*Is the NIC link light blinking?
What is the IP address and subnet mask?
Can the default gateway be successfully pinged?
*Is the network cable properly attached to the modem?
*Is the Category 5 cable properly connected to the network slot on the PC?
Can you access your e-mail account?
13. A customer calls the ISP help desk after setting up a new PC with a cable modem but being unable to access the Internet. After the help desk technician has verified Layer 1 and Layer 2, what are three questions the help desk technician should ask the customer? (Choose three.)
*What is your subnet mask?
*What is your IP address?
Is the NIC link light blinking?
*Can you ping the default gateway?
Is the network cable properly attached to the cable modem?
Is the network cable correctly connected to the network port on the PC?
14.Which address is used by the router to direct a packet between networks?
source MAC address
destination MAC address
source IP address
*destination IP address
15. What is the first step that is used by a help desk technician in a systematic approach to helping a customer solve a problem?
identify and prioritize alternative solutions
isolate the cause of the problem
*define the problem
select an evaluation process
16. While troubleshooting a connectivity issue on a host, a network administrator issues the ping 127.0.0.1 command. The pings are unsuccessful. What is most likely the problem?
*The TCP/IP stack is not loaded properly.
The default gateway is down.
ARP is not functioning correctly.
An IP address has not been assigned to the host.
17. An accounting firm experiencing connectivity issues requires Level 3 support from the ISP. Which function requires Level 3 or higher support?
the diagnosis of basic network connectivity
the use of diagnostic tools to identify problems
*the installation and configuration of new equipment
the documentation of basic user issues
18. What Layer 1 problem can cause a user to lose Internet connectivity?
wrong subnet mask
wrong default gateway
*loose network cable
wrong MAC address
faulty printer cable
19. In what three ways do Level 1 and Level 2 help desk technicians attempt to identify a customer's problems? (Choose three.)
*talking to the customer on the telephone
upgrading hardware and software
*using various web tools
making an onsite visit
installing new equipment
*with remote desktop sharing applications